Due to the fact that the Romanian citizens did not comply with the recommendations imposed though the Military Ordinance no. 2/2020, the Ministry of the Interior issued another ordinance with effect from 25.03.2020, 12 a.m. and turned all the previous recommendations into prohibitions.
At the same time, the new ordinance prohibits people to participate in team sports activities and provides the possibility to leave the home / place where they live for reasons such as: traveling for blood donation, to the blood transfusion centers; traveling for humanitarian or voluntary purposes, agricultural activities (including the trade of goods).
In addition to this, the ordinance stipulates that every document that will expire during the state of emergency, issued by the public authorities, can be changed within 90 days from the end of the state of emergency. The ordinance provides also that the sale of the electronic and household appliances will not be suspended (the products will be delivered directly to the buyer) and neither the selling of the medical optics services.
The people who have reached the age of 65 will have the possibility to go outside the house/place where they live between 11:00-13:00 p.m. in case:
- displacement in order to provide goods that cover the basic needs of the persons and the pets(s);
- displacement in order to obtain medical assistance that cannot be delayed nor carried out remotely;
- displacement for justified reasons, such as caring/accompanying the child, assisting elderly, sick or disabled persons or death of a family member;
- short trips, near the house, related to the individual physical activity of the people and the needs of the pets/pets;
- displacement for professional interest or for agricultural activities.
The prohibition to participate in team sports activities is also applicable to the people who have reached the age of 65.
The reason of the displacement can be verified with the service card, together with a certificate from the employer (in case the people go to work / the places where they carry out their activity) or a declaration on their own responsibility, in the other cases.
The certificate provided by the employer or the declaration on their own responsibility can also be shown using the phone / tablet / other electronic device that allows to view it entirely.
The people who do not live at the same address provided in the identification card will declare, on their own responsibility, that they live somewhere else.
The standardized form of the declaration can be reached on the Romanian Government`s website:
The measure of isolation at home / quarantine was also established for all persons entering Romania.
At the same time, there were suspended all flights to France and Germany and from France and Germany to Romania, for all airports, for a period of 14 days. Taking into consideration the situation created by the contamination with COVID-19 virus, several airline operators have suspended already all domestic / international flights for a certain period.
The maritime transports were also affected. Thus, all ships arriving from the red and yellow risk areas:
- will not be able to have access to the Romanian seaports if the crew does not have the protective equipment established by the Public Health Department of Constanta or they have not performed the 14-days quarantine period since the last port of call located in an red / yellow risk area;
- will have access to the Sulina port (vessels coming from the Black Sea) or Danube port, nautical mile 44 (vessels coming from Bastroe channel).